BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We had another great day in Memphis. Yesterday was our Servant event, a party on a riverboat with the Mississippi Blvd Church's youth, and our closing worship. I have to say, I never ever believed that while being outside in the middle of July in Memphis that I would feel cool! But that's what happened! The cool Minnesota summer temps have followed us to Peoria and to Memphis. Yesterday it was in the low 70s for a high! I'm not complaining or anything - we got a lot of work done, no one was dehydrated, and it was quite comfortable! Now I wonder if this will follow us to New Orleans - I'm not betting on it! Our evening on Beale Street was a bit of a damp one. The heavens let loose about 3 minutes after we boarded our bus at our service site (that's good timing!) and it poured all evening. Hopefully our clothes have dried out before we have to pack them up.

This morning it's time to pack the bus up once again and head further south to New Orleans. It's time for the Gathering! It's going to be amazing!

Last night Dayin, Jordyn, and Trevor didn't have time to write as we had to pack and everyone was very tired. Watch for their updates soon!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Hope you relax a bit on the bus. New orleans here you come! Auntie Gail asked me to tell George to have fun & that she enjoys the blog. Keep the posting and pictures coming. Were all learning and find hope from reading this blog. :O)

LaRayne said...

Connie is right you need a rest.

I hope Brittney will get a chance to read this blog & connect with you. Brittney - you rock! Going to New Orleans by your self. to help out with the nations youth is so awesome
good luck! & can't wait to hear about your experience.

Love LaRayne

David said...

I am glad the cooler weather followed you at least to Memphis. This is an experience that will shape all of your lives. Make the most of it. From the pictures I can tell that you are.